Twin size flat sheet
Red, brown, black, and yellow spray paint
Animal masks or let children make animal ears and attach them to a headband
Putting It Together:
- Using the black spray paint spray paint an outline of the barn on the sheet. Spray paint an outline of a barn door and a hay loft too.
- Spray paint the barn red.
- Spray paint some hay with the yellow spray paint.
- Spray paint the barn door brown.
- Once the paint has dried cut the door on either side (but do not cut the top of the door). Or you can cut a slit down the middle of the door from the bottom of the door to the top of the door.
- Hang the sheet from the ceiling.
- One child will be the farmer and wear a straw hat. The other children wear animal masks or animal ear headbands.
- Sing Old MacDonald Had a Farm and as each child hears his animal called he crawls out through the door.
Materials: paper plates, back triangles, and cotton balls. I cut out the center of the paper plates and then let the children glue on the cotton balls. The finishing touch was gluing on the black triangles to make ears.
This Little Piggy
Materials: one large, one small paper plate, construction paper shapes for the feet, ears, and nose. Draw on details and don't forget the tail